Ayurveda Day Course
Next course: autumn 2017, date tbc.
9.30am - 4.30pm
Ayurveda - literally the 'science of life' - is the natural healthcare system of India, now used increasingly in the UK and around the world. It seeks to reconnect the individual with their deepest Self, which is the source of perfect balance and health.
Ayurveda has a profoundly original approach to treating disease, but its specialty is in the prevention of disease and maintenance of good health.
This course will provide an introduction to Ayurveda and give a wealth of practical, everyday tips for improving your health and that of your family. No prior knowledge of Ayurveda is required.
The course will be taught by Marek Lorys, who has been studying Ayurveda in Europe and in India for many years and is a qualified Sukshma Marma practitioner.
- What is Ayurveda?
- Ayurveda and Maharishi Ayurveda - timeless Vedic knowledge, modern revival
- The 20 approaches of Maharishi Ayurveda
- Discover your body-type, and how to use this knowledge to improve your health and that of your family
- Opportunity to try different Ayurvedic teas, coffee, spice mixes etc.
- Eating for health and happiness
- Learn how to perform a simple daily oil massage for yourself (Abhyanga)
- 10 simple, practical Ayurvedic health tips
- Daily routine, seasonal routines - living in accordance with natural law
Price: £55. The price includes refreshments (Ayurvedic coffee/teas/herbal teas/biscuits - and cake in the afternoon) but excludes lunch (we can either share a pot-luck lunch or go to a nearby restaurant).
Feedback from previous courses: 'Beyond my wildest expectations' 'Really a wonderful course' 'Thank you so much for opening doors to something amazing. Your presentation was, as always, enlightening and your knowledge flows.'
'Thank you so much for yesterday, a really interesting and exciting new area has opened up for me!! I would rate 5 for everything, the whole day was most enjoyable, very interesting and I learnt so much.'
'I thought you judged the pace of the day perfectly. The handouts were also hugely helpful. I had learnt a little of Ayurveda before today, but never had it presented in such a systematic fashion where it all just knitted together.'
'Thanks again for a hugely enjoyable course.'
For bookings and information